Technical Support Information and Policy
How to obtain technical support
Free technical support is available 24x7 through our extensive online knowledgebase (KB).
The KB covers just about every question you're likely to have. Please search or browse
the knowledgebase for answers prior to contacting us.
If your question is not answered in the KB, and your Support and Maintenance Plan is current,
contact us with a detailed description of your question as follows:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org: Email
is the fastest and most efficient way to obtain technical support. Typical
response time for questions received during business hours is 2 hours. Email
support is free for all customers who are current in their Support and Maintenance Plan.
- Telephone support: Free telephone support is available for 30 days from the date
of purchase. Typical response time is 1-2 business days. Please use email support for the fastest
turn around time.
- Priority telephone/email support: First-response priority telephone and email technical support is available
for purchase. First-response priority support cases receive top priority and this is the fastest
support option available.
Support hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM EDT, excluding holidays. Note that no technical
support is available for retired products (see below) or for customers who have an expired Support and Maintenance Plan.
For these customers an upgrade option
which includes a Support and Maintenance Plan is available.
Help Us Help You
Often times customers send vague descriptions of problems they are having and do not include
sufficient detail for us to offer help initially. This slows the process for all.
Help us provide you with the fastest response time by including the following details in every problem report:
- What version of the product are you using? For example "BrowserHawk 14.0".
- Are you using the product within classic ASP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion MX, or JSP pages?
- If you are receiving an error, please provide the exact error message and error number if shown.
- Describe the problem in detail, including exactly what is happening, and how this differs from what you expect to be happening instead.
- What detailed steps can be taken to reproduce the problem? How often does the problem occur, and how reproducable is it (every time, intermittant, etc)?
- What browser type, version and platform is the issue occurring with? Does it happen with other browsers/platforms?
- If your issue concerns BrowserHawk not providing results as expected, can you reproduce the same detection issue by using the same browser and visiting this page?
By ensuring your support requests cover the above questions you'll provide sufficient information for us to provide a resolution or good suggestions for further troubleshooting.
Current versions of our products supported are BrowserHawk 12.x and up, and CountryHawk 2.x.
BrowserHawk versions prior to 12.0, and CountryHawk versions prior to 2.0 are retired products. No technical support
is available for retired products. It is highly recommended that you do not run with retired products in production
environments. Not only are they unsupported, but typically they are too old to work properly with modern browsers and operating systems.
are available for customers with retired products.